[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - What would you like to see in Aeronef 2nd edition?

What would you like to see in Aeronef 2nd edition?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:45 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Wessex Steve » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:22 pm

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:23 am

While not precisely *rules* as such, I'd like to see the play sheets for torpedo/rocket/bomb/fighter equipped craft get an actual ammo track. Having the name across the top tell me it's a "Rocket Nef" when no rockets are indicated anywhere else is a bit confusing.

The rulebook in the starter and my just-purchased PDF of the Captain's Handbook almost seem to have a book sitting between them, as there are vocabulary differences that feel like they should have been explained but don't turn up when I go looking. The reason the technology chart in the CH has different lines for "N-grav" and "R-Matter" nefs, for example, or the use in the same table of the term "Aerostat" when this term is absent from anywhere else in either book, are just the two most obvious examples i came across.

Also by way of a typo, the PDF Captain's Handbook section on Martians has the rule for Lightning Guns, but none of the Martian Nef tables contain the "LG" notation. Which of those three tables should say "LG"?
GypsyComet

Postby Wessex Steve » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:04 pm

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:35 pm

GypsyComet

Postby Wessex Steve » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:31 pm

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Zophiel » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:17 am

Having discovered Aeronef looking for a substitute for Space: 1889's miniatures and rules, I have to say I would really like to see some Martian ships.

But I plan to make use of scratch-built scale models for a retro-future/Metropolis feel in some scenarios. Although I've never had any feel of making up house rules, I would appreciate some guidance from the more experienced.

(Those are my two cents. I shall deduct them from my taxes.)
Last edited by Zophiel on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zophiel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:44 am

Martians are on the radar, possibly this year. I've now nailed the designs (no sails), I just need some time to make the models ...
Brigadier Tony

Postby Zophiel » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:53 pm

I haven't noticed that any part of the rules mentions the number of men considered to be on a ship. Would it be reasonable to assume the following? —

Class / Crew
1 / about 1,000 men
2 / 800
3 / 600
4 / 400
5 / 75 up to 200
Zophiel

Postby kenh01 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:23 pm

kenh01

Postby Tas » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:43 am

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Zophiel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:49 am

To return to a somewhat dormant topic, today I sketched out a concept for a Martian ship. I discovered that what might appear to be a merely terrestrial design can look very different with minor alterations to the structure and positioning of masts.

In this illustration, which was not initially intended to be for Mars, I also removed the "airplane" tail that's tradition for Earth vessels and replaced it with heavy banners to serve as rudders.

Imo, these small changes and the yellow-green color scheme take the design out of the realm of what we've seen so far.
Mens regnum bona possidet
Zophiel

Postby Fjodin » Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Fjodin

Postby Wessex Steve » Mon May 25, 2009 7:23 pm

No - as in "no it won't be" as opposed to "no, we won't tell you".
Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Fjodin » Mon May 25, 2009 11:44 pm

So it will be a single turn like in LI?
Fjodin

Previous

Return to Aeronef Rules