Some general questions

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Some general questions

Postby Echo5Hotel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 am

First off, Hello, I am new to the forums though I have enjoyed Brigade Models miniatures for a long time with DSII and FWC I have never really looked close at IC2103. I bought a copy of it a while back ad recently found it on my bookshelf and am looking at maybe starting to play it. I have a few questions if someone could answer for me or point me in the right direction it would be great.

1. I have seen talk of a second edition. Did this happen? Is it going to happen? Or is it unfortunately one of those things that is no longer going to happen?

2. If there is a second edition are there any rules covering mechs or vehicle construction rules in it? Are there any rules elsewhere for these with the current version of IC2103?

3. Are there any rules covering the power armor miniatures that have come available?

Thank you for any help I may be able to et with these questions.
Echo5Hotel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:43 am

Hi - welcome aboard. Unfortunately I can't be much help with your questions, since all of the answers are mostly in the negative :?

1 - Yes, AFAIK it will happen eventually but probably not in the near future.

2 - I don't know whether there are any plans for such rules in the new edition. I'm not aware of any in existence for the current version

3 - I guess they should just be treated as very heavy infantry - IC regards infantry as 'speed bumps' anyway, so PA would just be *big* speed bumps ...

With regards to 2 and 3, please feel free to come up with your own rules and throw them out for discussion :)
Brigadier Tony

Re: Some general questions

Postby Wessex Steve » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 am

Echo5Hotel wrote:1. I have seen talk of a second edition. Did this happen? Is it going to happen? Or is it unfortunately one of those things that is no longer going to happen?

It hasn't happened yet and probably is a way off. I did consider busting a gut on it and changing a number of things but as the rules work pretty well I didn't consider it imperative so just tweaked a few things in the recent PDF.

Echo5Hotel wrote:2. If there is a second edition are there any rules covering mechs or vehicle construction rules in it? Are there any rules elsewhere for these with the current version of IC2103?

Check out the Phase Line Bravo supplement at Wargame Vault. I don't know about construction rules , my view is work out a stat line that seems representative of what you think it should be for the model. The rules are definitely in the KISS stable.

Echo5Hotel wrote:3. Are there any rules covering the power armor miniatures that have come available?

I did include stat lines for them in the PDF, I'll post them to the forum when I get a chance...
Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby javelin98 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh, shoot... how did I miss addressing power armor in PLB?! Sheesh.

E3H, there is another thread here somewhere that talks about a point-factor system for vehicle design. Nothing official ever came out of it, but it might give you some ideas to work from if you want to come up with your own.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Re: Some general questions

Postby Echo5Hotel » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Wessex Steve wrote:I did include stat lines for them in the PDF, I'll post them to the forum when I get a chance...

That would be great, thank you.
Echo5Hotel

Return to Iron Cow General