[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Nemain, Swordmaiden WIP

Nemain, Swordmaiden WIP

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Nemain, Swordmaiden WIP

Postby Jubilee » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:50 am

I've been working on this one all month. I really need to finish her, but I've been really easily distracted by other projects lately =( She's a half-sea-elf. :) Nemain is definately my favorite figure from Celtos, it's a shame she's not really allowed anymore!

And here's the base she'll be going on (my first experiment with a poured resin base):

ImageImage

Jubilee

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:31 am

wow

the base is fantastic

wip looking good as well, although she looks like she has been zombied by the fir bolg....

as you say, shame she is persona non grata

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:39 am

I second Steve's comments on the base - fantastic !

Also very appropriate for Fomorians
Brigadier Tony

Re: Nemain, Swordmaiden WIP

Postby Ben Brownlie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:33 am

Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Celtos

Postby manic _miner » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:54 pm

manic _miner

Postby Ben Brownlie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:25 pm

Postby Jubilee » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:29 am

Hey =)

Thanks for all the nice comments! I should set aside these wood elf conversions and get to finishing her..

I didn't take pictures of the base in progress, but I was inspired by a step by step by olliekickflip on Reaper's message board. It starts partway down the page and goes on for a few pages. He does a step by step on painting the pirate sophie's base earlier in the thread, I think:

Hopefully, she will not look so zombie-ish when she is finished. Her flesh still needs adjusting.

Thanks Ben! I don't think I've ever had a miniature pimped on a forum by someone else before! =) =)

/ali

BTW, Nemain was one of the very first minis I painted in 2003. Much to my regret, it was also one of the first ones I sold - I wish I still had her, if only so I could have a side-by-side of the two. Anyway, I hope I've gotten better in the last 4 years (part of the reason I've decided to paint her again!).

Jubilee

Postby Ben Brownlie » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks for the link Ali. Looks like you learnt from a master there. Great stuff. And the comparison of Nemain past and Nemain present but wip is interesting. You have come on a long way in 4 years

Now get her finished so we can see her in all her glory :)
Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Return to Celtos Miniatures