Starmada Admiralty Edition Released

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Starmada Admiralty Edition Released

Postby Go0gleplex » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:46 am

Newest version of Stamada is out...with even MORE options, including customized fighter design. :)
I admit it! I'm a greedy ship-a-holic...next fleet please!
Go0gleplex

Postby Chief » Fri May 01, 2009 3:02 pm

is it just me or does any one else like the Bridgade Starmada X rules over the new set. I saw the new set and was excited, but the movement turned me off. I really liked the feel of the old rule set.

I think it is gamer guilt that makes me want to upgrade, but I really think Starmada X is probably the best set of rules I have encountered.
Chief

Postby Go0gleplex » Sat May 02, 2009 1:25 am

Chief wrote:is it just me or does any one else like the Bridgade Starmada X rules over the new set. I saw the new set and was excited, but the movement turned me off. I really liked the feel of the old rule set.

I think it is gamer guilt that makes me want to upgrade, but I really think Starmada X is probably the best set of rules I have encountered.

The old movement system wasn't totally discarded...it was simply made optional. There is also a 3d option to the movement presented in one of the supplements. Then there's the small craft design rules that give you almost as much flexibility in creating missiles, fighters, breacher pods, etc. as you have creating starships and weapons.

X is good...and solid...but IMO AE is going to give you more options.
I admit it! I'm a greedy ship-a-holic...next fleet please!
Go0gleplex

Postby Fjodin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 pm

I own the Admiralty Edition and its great. Moving is a little bit more complicated, but it simulates real space moving. So if you like babylon 5 space fighting - Starmada Admiralty is great!
Fjodin

Postby javelin98 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 pm

I've built an alternate ship-building Excel spreadsheet, and I'm working on a version that incorporates the Rules Annex options. PM me if you want a copy!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Return to Starmada Rules