A digital NeoSov space fleet

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

A digital NeoSov space fleet

Postby javelin98 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 am

I decided to try my hand at designing a NeoSoviet space fleet. The style is largely inspired by the Eagle Transports from Space: 1999 and the Cygnus from Disney's The Black Hole. I wanted to capture the sparse, no-frills, industrial feel of the NeoSov approach to warfare.

Each ship is constructed of modular components that allow them to engage in a variety of missions. The main weapon is the dual-mount railgun turret, followed by the turrets of nuke-tipped smart missiles. The carrier packs a complement of Ferret-class heavy fighters.

First, the Frigate:

Destroyer:

Light Cruiser:

Heavy Cruiser:

Battlecruiser:

Battleship:

Dreadnought:

Heavy Carrier:

And a group shot:

All the ships were built from these basic elements:

I realize now that I should have designed a lighter-weight gun for anti-fighter use, and the turrets are a little off, somehow. Maybe they're too big. I'll have to think more on that concept.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Re: A digital NeoSov space fleet

Postby krieg » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:35 pm

WOW those are pretty nice
krieg

Re: A digital NeoSov space fleet

Postby javelin98 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:03 am

Thank you! I still haven't done anything regarding alternate turrets, but I'll get to it eventually.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Return to Starmada Miniatures