[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - sidhe ideas

sidhe ideas

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

sidhe ideas

Postby kendrick72 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 pm

hey,guys. I'm kind of new to wargaming(though I have played a skirmish game.) Just curious if I could get some house rules of some sort to create the "Sidhe of the Hidden Wood". NOT a rehash of a certain other company's wood elves, just something with a Sylvan quality. Any input would be wonderful. Thanks.
kendrick72

Postby kendrick72 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 am

let me try a different approach. If you have two armies of the same type, how do you give them their own flavor. do you A) come up with houserules to make them unique, or B) rely on your army builds and color schemes to differentiate them. I know that this is more a matter of taste than anything, I'm just curious what you guys do.
kendrick72

Postby Ben Brownlie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm

The basic armies in the game are fairly samey, but that was only ever meant to be a convinient starting point

The main differences are in the characteristics, but even that is not enough in the main rules

Different troop types, a FEW (not loads) of special rules and different ways in which the armies are built is the answer imo, but all that work is currently sitting with Steve so his call :D
Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Postby kendrick72 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:29 pm

appreciate the reply. hopefully Steve will be giving us a glimpse of things to come soon.
kendrick72

Postby celtoslegion » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:56 pm

As Ben said, all armies of the core rulebook are more or less the same.
The big difference lies in the abilities of the heroes.

If you have two Sidhe or Elf armies and want to go the road of Wood- High, Moon-, Dark- or whatever elves, I'd tweak the armylist a little bit to keep the story going.

For your exampe with the woodelves, I'd drop the Shield options for the foot units and maybe add an option to use the skirmisher special rule.
You could also replace the longbow of the archers with a normal or a short bow to show, that you usually engage at shorter range in the wood.
Also a kind of camoflage rule when inside woods can be introduced.

Let us know, what you come up with and if it worked out after a few games.
celtoslegion

Postby durulz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:03 pm

durulz

Postby kendrick72 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Thank you, guys! I think I may try adding skirmisher and normal bows just to see how it works out. Let you know what happens! Who knows. I may just stumble on something great! and if not, hey, train wrecks can be fun,too. :D
kendrick72

Postby Ben Brownlie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Good stuff

Let us know what you come up with :D
Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Return to Celtos General